Mezzie + Frank crackle effect medium is an environmentally friendly product designed to apply over our mezzie + frank chalk and paint products. Crackle effects medium will create a vintage aged appearance to your paintwork on furniture and other projects. Many different looks can be achieved by experimenting with contrasting or tonal colours.
- Stir contents thoroughly before and during use with a broad, flat stirrer using an upward action. Avoid shaking container as it will create air bubbles.
STEP 1 BASE CHALK EFFECTS COAT
- Apply one or two coats of mezzie + frank chalk effect in selected colour
- Allow paint to fully dry before proceeding to step 2
- Drying time will vary according to weather conditions and the surface being painted. If in doubt leave it longer.
STEP 2 CRACKLE EFFECTS COAT
- Apply crackle effect with a brush or roller. End result will depend on technique
- For a heavy crackle effect apply thickly with a brush using criss cross or basket weave strokes.
- For a fine crackle effect apply with a brush or roller using straight strokes and a thinner coat. Ensure the product is applied evenly to a uniform gloss leaving no uneven patches.
- If the surface is patchy, apply a second coat of crackle effect after 3 hours drying time.
- After 2 – 4 hours, when product is touch-dry, proceed to step 3
STEP 3 TOP CHALK EFFECTS COAT
- Apply top coat of chalk effects in selected colour
- For best results application should be carried out without brushing back or reworking any wet paint.
- Crackle effect will start to appear as it dries
STEP 4 SEAL WITH WAX OR CLEAR ACRYLIC SEALER
- When surface is fully dry seal painted area with M+F Wax or clear coat sealer.
CLEAN UP WITH WATER